Collaboration with STRUTHer Philip Lapik
Flinders street station at night is such a beauty!
5 Fun Facts:
1. Opened on September 12th 1854, Flinders Street Station was the first railway station built in any Australian city.
2. By 1926, Finders Street Station became the busiest passenger station in the world.
3. At 708 meters, platform 1 is the longest train platform in Australia and is reportedly the fourth longest in the world.
4. A fixture of the station’s façade, the clocks date back to the 1860s and continue to display departure times today.
5. Flinders Street Station is one of the city’s famous meeting places – “meet me under the Clocks” has been uttered by generations of Melburnians.
Facebook: Philip Lapik Photography | IG: @philiplapik
Location: Swanston Street, Melbourne
Welcome to our new Struths Gallery - you’ll be glad you stopped by. Here’s where you’ll discover inspiring photography and videos from a wide range of influencers and photographers we collaborate with. At Struths we’re all about sharing a side of Australia you may not know about. We want to inspire you, our readers, to learn, to explore, to be fascinated and surprised. Perhaps you’ve read some of the wacky and wonderful stories from our contributors already. Thanks to our showcase Gallery, there’s now even more reasons to spend time with the Struths community.
This new visual collaboration allows you, our readers, to discover a side of Australia you never knew. Are you a nature lover or outdoorsy type? Be amazed by astounding visuals of Australia’s famous wildlife, all varieties of marine life, rainforests and the most beautiful sunsets. Perhaps you’re a lover of culture, events and attractions? Enjoy plenty of stunning photographs of our country’s hidden gems from off the beaten track, famous landmarks, events and more right at your fingertips! Have a look around, explore the content and tell us what you think. We always love to get your feedback to improve your Struths experience.
Want your work to feature in our Gallery? Do your photos make people sit up and take notice? Have you been told you have an eye for composition? Or perhaps you’ve had some awesome Australian adventures we need to know about. We invite you to share your amazing pictures and clips with the Struths community. If you’d love to collaborate with us by sharing your photos or videos, just be in touch with us via our contact page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Disclaimer: Struths obtains permission from all owners of these original photos and videos prior to their publication on our website.