Collaboration with STRUTHer Jess
The 665 metre long Sea Cliff Bridge is a highlight along the Grand Pacific Drive - A drive which takes in 140 kilometres worth of coastal scenery from the Royal National Park, Loftus down to Nowra.
The bridge has become an icon to the people of Wollongong and the world, once again welcoming tourists annually to this picturesque coastal road.
Interesting Fun Facts:
- In 2003, a large embankment slip on Lawrence Hargrave Drive on the New South Wales coast between Sydney and Wollongong resulted in a complete road closure.
- Opened in December 2005, the Sea Cliff Bridge offers visitors the chance to get out of the car and stretch their legs.
- The road had been susceptible to rock falls, slips, mud and rock slide in the past, due to high rainfall, erosion and other consequences of the coastal environment.
- It is also a great viewing platform for migrating whales heading north/south during migrating season.
- In 2014, around 150 love locks were removed from the bridge.
- The breathtaking Sea Cliff Bridge was part of the route for the MS Sydney Gong Ride in 2017.
- The Lawrence Hargrave Drive Project, which includes the iconic Sea Cliff Bridge, has been crowned the Association of Consulting Engineerings Australias Project of the Year.
How to get there?
The Sea Cliff Bridge is accessible via public transport.
Coalcliff station has trains running seven days. There is a steep incline from the train station to the bridge; the walk will take approximately 15 minutes from station to bridge.
IG: @adventures_ofjess | Website
Location: The Sea Cliff Bridge, NSW
Welcome to our new Struths Gallery - you’ll be glad you stopped by. Here’s where you’ll discover inspiring photography and videos from a wide range of influencers and photographers we collaborate with. At Struths we’re all about sharing a side of Australia you may not know about. We want to inspire you, our readers, to learn, to explore, to be fascinated and surprised. Perhaps you’ve read some of the wacky and wonderful stories from our contributors already. Thanks to our showcase Gallery, there’s now even more reasons to spend time with the Struths community.
This new visual collaboration allows you, our readers, to discover a side of Australia you never knew. Are you a nature lover or outdoorsy type? Be amazed by astounding visuals of Australia’s famous wildlife, all varieties of marine life, rainforests and the most beautiful sunsets. Perhaps you’re a lover of culture, events and attractions? Enjoy plenty of stunning photographs of our country’s hidden gems from off the beaten track, famous landmarks, events and more right at your fingertips! Have a look around, explore the content and tell us what you think. We always love to get your feedback to improve your Struths experience.
Want your work to feature in our Gallery? Do your photos make people sit up and take notice? Have you been told you have an eye for composition? Or perhaps you’ve had some awesome Australian adventures we need to know about. We invite you to share your amazing pictures and clips with the Struths community. If you’d love to collaborate with us by sharing your photos or videos, just be in touch with us via our contact page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Disclaimer: Struths obtains permission from all owners of these original photos and videos prior to their publication on our website.